[Gluster-users] gluster command not found

M S Vishwanath Bhat vbhat at redhat.com
Sun Apr 13 13:51:58 UTC 2014

On 13/04/14 13:46, Gopu Krishnan wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> You are right. When I installed from ppa, command is working fine. I
> referred the blog :
> http://blogs.reliablepenguin.com/2013/09/05/glusterfs-cluster-with-ubuntu-on-rackspace-cloud
> and successfully installed gluster. I am not configuring client as I
> only need to replicate it across those two master servers and use it
> under Loadbalancer. Setup is completed successfully but the file I add
> on /data in first server is not replicating in second server and vice
> versa. Following are the output from the servers:
>

> root at gluster1:/data# gluster volume info
>
> Volume Name: testvol
> Type: Replicate
> Volume ID: ceb5e415-8194-4e30-85b6-d92492e86a11
> Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
> Transport-type: tcp
> Bricks:
> Brick1: gluster1:/data
> Brick2: gluster2:/data
>

> root at gluster1:~# gluster volume status
> Status of volume: testvol
> Gluster process                                         Port    Online  Pid
> Brick gluster1:/data                                    24009   Y       794
> Brick gluster2:/data                                    24009   Y       784
> NFS Server on localhost                                 38467   Y       800
> Self-heal Daemon on localhost                           N/A     Y       806
> NFS Server on gluster2                                  38467   Y       790
> Self-heal Daemon on gluster2                            N/A     Y       796
>

> root at gluster1:/data# gluster peer status
> Number of Peers: 1
>
> Hostname: gluster2
> Uuid: 5fead283-8f03-4495-86e4-2d80d2fefb1b
> State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)
>

> root at gluster2:~# gluster volume status
> Status of volume: testvol
> Gluster process                                         Port    Online  Pid
> Brick gluster1:/data                                    24009   Y       794
> Brick gluster2:/data                                    24009   Y       784
> NFS Server on localhost                                 38467   Y       2208
> Self-heal Daemon on localhost                           N/A     Y       2214
> NFS Server on 10.181.106.254                            38467   Y       2511
> Self-heal Daemon on 10.181.106.254                      N/A     Y       2517
>

> root at gluster2:~# gluster peer status
> Number of Peers: 1
>
> Hostname: 10.181.106.254
> Uuid: c3af97be-4ef1-4908-89e2-0d1699329f2a
> State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)
>

> root at gluster2:~# gluster volume info
>
> Volume Name: testvol
> Type: Replicate
> Volume ID: ceb5e415-8194-4e30-85b6-d92492e86a11
> [...]
glusterfs handles replication through client. You can't directly add the
data to your backend brick. It has to be added from the client (or using
libgfapi)

mount the gluster volume on the client (If you don't have gluster client
bits, mount via NFS). And then create a file. That will be replicated to
both of your backend bricks.

Best Regards,
Vishwanath