[Gluster-users] gluster command not found

Gopu Krishnan gopukrishnantec at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 08:16:53 UTC 2014

Hi Joe,

You are right. When I installed from ppa, command is working fine. I
referred the blog :
http://blogs.reliablepenguin.com/2013/09/05/glusterfs-cluster-with-ubuntu-on-rackspace-cloud
and successfully installed gluster. I am not configuring client as I
only need to replicate it across those two master servers and use it
under Loadbalancer. Setup is completed successfully but the file I add
on /data in first server is not replicating in second server and vice
versa. Following are the output from the servers:

root at gluster1:/data# gluster volume info

Volume Name: testvol
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: ceb5e415-8194-4e30-85b6-d92492e86a11
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: gluster1:/data
Brick2: gluster2:/data

root at gluster1:~# gluster volume status
Status of volume: testvol
Gluster process                                         Port    Online  Pid
Brick gluster1:/data                                    24009   Y       794
Brick gluster2:/data                                    24009   Y       784
NFS Server on localhost                                 38467   Y       800
Self-heal Daemon on localhost                           N/A     Y       806
NFS Server on gluster2                                  38467   Y       790
Self-heal Daemon on gluster2                            N/A     Y       796

root at gluster1:/data# gluster peer status
Number of Peers: 1

Hostname: gluster2
Uuid: 5fead283-8f03-4495-86e4-2d80d2fefb1b
State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)

root at gluster2:~# gluster volume status
Status of volume: testvol
Gluster process                                         Port    Online  Pid
Brick gluster1:/data                                    24009   Y       794
Brick gluster2:/data                                    24009   Y       784
NFS Server on localhost                                 38467   Y       2208
Self-heal Daemon on localhost                           N/A     Y       2214
NFS Server on 10.181.106.254                            38467   Y       2511
Self-heal Daemon on 10.181.106.254                      N/A     Y       2517

root at gluster2:~# gluster peer status
Number of Peers: 1

Hostname: 10.181.106.254
Uuid: c3af97be-4ef1-4908-89e2-0d1699329f2a
State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)

root at gluster2:~# gluster volume info

Volume Name: testvol
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: ceb5e415-8194-4e30-85b6-d92492e86a11
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: gluster1:/data