[Gluster-users] Replication volume "stop" on one server causes volume inaccessible on peer over the boot cycle.

Sejal1 S sejal1.s at tcs.com
Tue Sep 3 07:19:15 UTC 2013

Hi Gluster Team,

I am looking for solution of replication volume setup across two servers.

Please refer below for the issue scenario.

1. Gluster replication volumes are created across two server.
2. When one server goes down, it tends to un-mount all the gluster volumes
and bricks.
3. To un-mount all volumes and bricks, it needs to stop the volume in
order to stop all gluster process running for each mount point.
4. If we stop the volume on one server(one which is rebooting), it stops
the volume on other peer too, making volume inaccessible.

Here, We expect other server to handle the I/O till peer server is coming
up.

Hoping for the suitable solution.
Thanking in anticipation.

Regards