[Gluster-users] FW: Backup / Restore for Gluster volumes.

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 09:33:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 5:17 AM, Tamas Papp <tompos at martos.bme.hu> wrote:
> Mount the volume on the backup server and backup files as the would exist
> locally.
I do this using rsnapshot. You might want to have a look, but
something like bacula is another common solution. Because gluster
volumes can be quite large, you might want to have multiple
independent rsnapshot runs working concurrently. I wrote a puppet
module to manage and setup the separate rsnapshot instances which is
not a native rsnapshot feature. Have a look if you like:
https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-rsnapshot

> Cluster (gluster) configurations can be backed up by either exporting
> gluster volume info or backing up the vol files (/var/lib/glusterfs/... or
> something like that).
Exactly... Or by using something like puppet-gluster to define your
configuration, and then backing up your puppet code. [plug]
https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster

Hope this helps,
James