[Gluster-users] FW: Backup / Restore for Gluster volumes.

Fred van Zwieten fvzwieten at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 10:54:10 UTC 2013

This is an interesting topic. I too am looking for a backup tool that is
"glusterfs friendly". I am looking at rsnapshot, but I want to use
glusterfs as a backup target and rsnapshot relies heavily on hardlinks.
Hardlinks are a special case in glusterfs and I am not sure if rsnapshot is
the right solution for me. I am also looking at Bacula. My use case btw is
tens of thousands of tiff images scatered among directories. These tiff
images sometimes get moved around and even hole subdirectories get moved
around. rsnapshot nor bacula handle that elegantly. snapshotting would, but
that is not build into glusterfs and lvm snapshots are not supported (in
RHS).

Groeten,

Fred

Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings (Victor
Stenger)