[Gluster-users] glusterfs + cloudstack setup

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Thu May 16 22:08:43 UTC 2013

On 16.05.2013 22:07, Bryan Whitehead wrote:
> Anyhow, for the secondary storage I've just used regular NFS export.
> Once a template gets deployed (copied to a primary storage system on a
> shared-mount) it doesn't need to be copied again. Secondary storage is
> hardly used except for the occasional snapshot and new template.

Hi,

Just throwing in my 2 pence.

Depending on the nature of the deployment, the "occasional snapshot"
can become the daily snapshot or even more frequent, depends how many
customers you have and what need they have of the snapshots (i.e. for
regular backups).
In these cases the NFS backed secondary storage can quickly become a
bottleneck.
I'd either push for making the secondary storage VM glusterfs-aware (or
at least NFS v3 via TCP) or enable Swift for the zone (and use the
glusterfs-swift proxy - UFO).
I'm not sure what Swift's role is in Cloudstack, but if it's what I
think it is then it should scale much better.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro