[Gluster-users] HI Guys

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Wed Jun 26 20:07:13 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I have seen some NICs that take longer to initialize not be available for when network devices are mounted.  You can tell by checking the gluster mount logs and look for something like:

[2013-04-26 13:22:34.393113] E [socket.c:1715:socket_connect_finish] 0-glusterfs: connection to  failed (No route to host)
[2013-04-26 13:22:34.393489] E [glusterfsd-mgmt.c:1786:mgmt_rpc_notify] 0-glusterfsd-mgmt: failed to connect with remote-host: Transport endpoint is not connected

I think /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* supports a LINKDELAY variable which cause the network scripts to delay $LINKDELAY number of seconds.  In the cases where I have seen this we didn't need to add the link delay parameter, there was some NW config changes that resolved the issue.

HTH

-b