[Gluster-users] Fw: performance evaluation of distributed storage systems

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:08:05 UTC 2013

I didn't see anything in the paper that mentioned the specs on your
load generating clients? Where can I get your test scripts for the
structured filesystem tests other than specsfs2k8? I assume you used
distributed + replicated with gluster? Is compuverde using a similar
algorithm or is it striping files? You mentioned using NFS/CIFS. NFS &
CIFS can have different performance characteristics so were the graph
results from NFS or CIFS and what versions, mounting protocols, etc?

Found this interesting tidbit in wiki :

January 2012 Compuverde, Blekinge Institute of Technology and Ericsson
received recognition from the Development of Knowledge and Competence
(KK-stiftelsen) in Sweden for a joint venture project on big data
storage solutions and cloud computing.

:)