[Gluster-users] 1024 char limit for auth.allow and automatically re-reading auth.allow without having to restart glusterd?

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 05:00:40 UTC 2013

> Do you mean do you want to know what the value of 'auth.allow' is ?
> I have code in my puppet-gluster module that checks this. Maybe it's
> what you're looking for. If so, then I hope this helps.

No, I'm talking about if you upate auth.allow (at least in 3.2.5) it
requires restarting glusterd because it doesn't see the changes
immediately. There's a separate bug I filed on 3.2.5 about
/etc/init.d/glusterd restarting both glusterfsd and glusterd when it
should just restart glusterd which is also problematic so this has to
be done manually currently with kill -15 and restarting the glusterd
daemons. I'm guessing requesting a HUP signal to reload glusterd or
the equivalent with /etc/init.d/glusterd reload would have to be an
enhancement.