[Gluster-users] State: Peer Rejected (Connected)

YANG ChengFu youngseph at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:16:53 UTC 2013

Hello,

I did an upgrade glusterfs from 3.0.5 to 3.3.1, before I did it, I have
other two 3.3.1 hosts(new-host) ready and made a cluster.

After I upgraded old hosts, I tried to add them to the cluster,  I
got State: Peer Rejected (Connected), for sure it could be about same
volumes on the old  hosts, but I have tried to stop glusterd, remove
everything from the old host, such /etc/glusterd, /etc/glusterfs
and /var/lib/glusterd/, and start glusterd, then I readded it to cluster,
the problem is still there.

I also did 'volume sync', but I failed, because of the following error
message

gluster> volume sync new-hosts
please delete all the volumes before full sync

I can not do it, or I will lose all my data!

The most funny thing I found, even if the peer status is rejected, but I
can mount the volume from the old host.

Any ideas !

--
Yang