[Gluster-users] gluster replicate - sync monitoring

Chény, Yves-Gael ml at r0b0t.fr
Thu Jan 10 14:10:39 UTC 2013

Hi,
how do you monitor your gluster replicate ?
I use a rsync -n script, to "check" the diff between my two servers
but is there a better solution to detect split brain or any error ?

Now i'm doing something like that for my 10 "replicate tcp 2 bricks
Volumes".

#!/bin/bash

IP_PEER="1.2.3.4"

echo "" > gluster-rapport.log
for i in `gluster volume info | grep Brick2 | awk -F':' '{ print $3 }'
`
do
    echo $i >> gluster-rapport.log
    rsync -aP -n --numeric-ids --delete-after --itemize-changes
--checksum -v $i/ $IP_PEER:$i/ >> gluster-rapport.log 2>&1
done

cat gluster-rapport.log | mail -s gluster-rapport
monitoring at myemail.com

Thx
Hm.