[Gluster-users] glusterFS issue in the syncing operation for the same files on two servers

Rahul51 S rahul51.s at tcs.com
Thu Feb 28 12:06:32 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Below are the sequence of steps taken by me produce the issue

1) I created a file named DEMO of size 10K on one of the replicate gluster
volume on SERVER 1 and it got replicated on the other gluster volume of
SERVER 2 as usual.
2) After this, I unmounted the brick of SERVER 2 and stopped the glusterd
service on SERVER 2.
3) I then filled the DEMO file to the size of 2M on the SERVER 1.
4) I mounted the brick and started the glusterd on SERVER 2.

I found that the DEMO file is still 10K in SERVER 2 and 2M in SERVER1 and
it never got synced.
It is only after I opened the DEMO file and closed it, the file got synced
on both the servers.
Ideally the DEMO file should sync when the glusterd service was started.
But, this seems to be not happening.
Could you please shed some light on this.

Regards
Rahul Shrivastava
and any attachments. Thank you