[Gluster-users] Duplicate files on bricks of distributed (not replicated) volme

Kushnir, Michael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] michael.kushnir at nih.gov
Thu Feb 28 15:05:38 UTC 2013

Good morning everyone,

I am running GlusterFS v. 3.3.1. I have a test server set up with a distributed (not distributed replicated) volume comprised of 5 bricks.

I have a directory in the GlusterFS with ~7000 xml files. When mounted over fuse, GlusterFS reports the correct number of files.

However, when I "ls" the directory on the bricks, brick 1-4 each report ~1400 files, but brick 5 reports ~7000 files including duplicates of files on other bricks.

How should I go about fixing a situation like this? Is a rebalance the right way to handle this? Will it take care of the duplicates?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Kushnir
System Architect / Engineer
Communications Engineering Branch
Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications
National Library of Medicine

8600 Rockville Pike, Building 38A, Floor 10
Besthesda, MD 20894

Phone: 301-435-3219
Email: michael.kushnir at nih.gov