[Gluster-users] MapReduce on glusterfs in Hadoop

Jay Vyas jayunit100 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:55:52 UTC 2013

Hi nithin:

The fuse mount is what allows the filesystem to access distributed files in gluster: that is,  GlusterFS has its own fuse mount ...  And GlusterFileSystem wraps that in hadoop FileSystem semantics.

Meanwhile, The mapreduce jobs are invoked using on custom core-site and mapred-site XML nodes which specify GlusterFileSystem as the dfs.