[Gluster-users] volume create failed

William Kwan potatok at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 14:27:10 UTC 2013

May be it is confusing or I'm using the wrong naming conventions. what I'm actually testing is

Each node has one brick for each of glusterfs kvm1 and kvm2
So glusterfs kvm1 will have

    onode1:/data/glusterfs/kvm1/brick1

    onode2:/data/glusterfs/kvm1/brick2

while kvm2 will have two bricks

    onode1:/data/glusterfs/kvm2/brick1
    onode1:/data/glusterfs/kvm2/brick2
On both systems, "brick1" and "brick2" are mount points of xfs file systems

Now create volume kvm1 was successful while kvm2 is not.
volume create: kvm2: failed: /data/glusterfs/kvm2/brick1 or a prefix of it is already part of a volume

Thanks