[Gluster-users] failed to create volume ends with a prefix of it is already part of a volume

Bernhard Glomm bernhard.glomm at ecologic.eu
Thu Dec 19 08:55:39 UTC 2013

Hi Will,

Had similar issues.
Did you see http://joejulian.name/blog/glusterfs-path-or-a-prefix-of-it-is-already-part-of-a-volume/

run:
setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.volume-id $brick_path
setfattr -x trusted.gfid $brick_path
rm -rf $brick_path/.glusterfs

on BOTH/ALL sides of your mirror
than run

gluster peer probe <partnerhost>

on BOTH/ALL sides of your mirror
only than run

gluster volume create ....

hth

Bernhard
Am 18.12.2013 23:00:59, schrieb William Kwan:
> Hi all,
>
> Env: CentOS 6.5 with glusterfs 3.4.1
>
> I just start working on Gluster.  I have two test hosts.  Both of them have a xfs on top of LVM.   I searched,
 but there are lots of result like this. I'm not sure if this is a bug in my version?

> # gluster volume create gvol1 replica 2 transport tcp ghost1:/data ghost2:/data
> > volume create: gvol1: failed
> > # gluster volume list all
> > No volumes present in cluster
> > # gluster volume create gvol1 replica 2 transport tcp ghost1:/data ghost2:/data
>
> > volume create: gvol1: failed: /data or a prefix of it is already part of a volume
>

> > Thanks
> > Will

            Bernhard Glomm

            IT Administration

                  Phone:

                  +49 (30) 86880 134

                  Fax:

                  +49 (30) 86880 100

                  Skype:

                  bernhard.glomm.ecologic

          Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH | Pfalzburger Str. 43/44 | 10717 Berlin | Germany

          GF: R. Andreas Kraemer | AG: Charlottenburg HRB 57947 | USt/VAT-IdNr.: DE811963464

          Ecologic™ is a Trade Mark (TM) of Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH