[Gluster-users] failed to create volume ends with a prefix of it is already part of a volume

William Kwan potatok at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 22:00:59 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Env: CentOS 6.5 with glusterfs 3.4.1

I just start working on Gluster.  I have two test hosts.  Both of them have a xfs on top of LVM.   I searched, but there are lots of result like this. I'm not sure if this is a bug in my version?

# gluster volume create gvol1 replica 2 transport tcp ghost1:/data ghost2:/data
volume create: gvol1: failed
# gluster volume list all
No volumes present in cluster
# gluster volume create gvol1 replica 2 transport tcp ghost1:/data ghost2:/data
volume create: gvol1: failed: /data or a prefix of it is already part of a volume

Thanks
Will