[Gluster-users] Where does the 'date' string in '/var/log/glusterfs/gl.log' come from?

harry mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Tue Dec 10 23:46:19 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:23:11 AM Joe Julian wrote:
> If I were to hazard a guess, since the timestamp is not configurable and
> *is* UTC in 3.4, it would seem that any server that's logging in local time
> must not be running 3.4. Sure, it's installed, but the application hasn't
> been restarted since it was installed. That's the only thing I can think of
> that would allow that behavior. _

Thanks for the info and insight, Joe.

Well ... hmmm.  I think you're right.  For an unrelated reason, this morning,
I stopped and restarted the gluster servers and NOW the logs indicate that the
servers ARE using UTC.  So if they were not using it before, they must have
been using the old version ..?

The RPMs stated the new version number but I did not check the version of the
process that was running.

We would have had to have upgraded and then NOT restarted the gluster daemons
(or they failed to shut down properly and kept running).  The servers weren't
rebooted, since they had uptimes of almost a year when I shut them down this
morning..

Hmmm again.  Now all the clients are reporting UTC as well. ...!!?!

hjm

---
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, OIT, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[m/c 2225] / 92697 Google Voice Multiplexer: (949) 478-4487
415 South Circle View Dr, Irvine, CA, 92697 [shipping]
MSTB Lat/Long: (33.642025,-117.844414) (paste into Google Maps)
---