[Gluster-users] Gluster infrastructure question

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Mon Dec 9 22:09:11 UTC 2013

Replicas are defined in the order bricks are listed in the volume create
command. So
   gluster volume create myvol replica 2 server1:/data/brick1
server2:/data/brick1 server3:/data/brick1 server4:/data/brick1
will replicate between server1 and server2 and replicate between server3
and server4.

Bricks added to a replica 2 volume after it's been created will require
pairs of bricks,

The best way to "force" replication to happen on another server is to
just define it that way.