[Gluster-users] [CentOS 6] Upgrade to the glusterfs version in base or in glusterfs-epel

Diep Pham Van imeo at favadi.com
Mon Dec 9 10:31:09 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm using glusterfs version 3.4.0 from gluster-epel[1].
Recently, I find out that there's a glusterfs version in base repo
(3.4.0.36rhs).

So, is it recommend to use that version instead of gluster-epel version?
If yes, is there a guide to make the switch with no downtime?
When run yum update glusterfs, I got the following error[2].
I found a guide[3]:
> If you have replicated or distributed replicated volumes with bricks
> placed in the right fashion for redundancy, have no data to be
> self-healed and feel adventurous, you can perform a rolling upgrade
> through the following procedure:
Whey I must feel adventurous to use this method? What is the risk here?

Links:
[1] http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.4/3.4.0/
[2] http://pastebin.com/mFveuYwW
[3] http://vbellur.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/upgrading-to-glusterfs-3-4/