[Gluster-users] Expanding volume

Will Glass-Husain wglass at forio.com
Tue Dec 3 23:03:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to expand my replicated volume but am getting an error. My goal
is to double my capacity by adding new volumes.  Any suggestions?

# gluster volume info

Volume Name: eproduct
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 1325b138-9777-4d76-9701-6410c0ff35d9
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: staging1:/export/brick1
Brick2: staging2:/export/brick1

(I created a new volume /export/brick2 on each of the two servers)

# gluster volume add-brick eproduct staging1:/export/brick2
staging2:/export/brick2
volume add-brick: failed: /export/brick2 or a prefix of it is already part
of a volume

---

Would appreciate suggestions as to what I need to do to add new volumes to
give me larger storage capacity.

Thanks!

WILL