[Gluster-users] Healing in glusterfs 3.3.1

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Tue Aug 27 08:06:03 UTC 2013

On 08/26/2013 11:34 PM, Bobby Jacob wrote:
> Hi, I have the same issue. Sometimes, the files are not getting replicated between the bricks.
> Glusterd service and glusterfsd are running. When the files replication is not happening, these are the outcomes of the commands.
Probably a minor semantic issue, but files do not get replicated
*between* the bricks. They're replicated *to* the bricks. Sometimes
realizing that difference helps people diagnose their issue better.

> Service glusterfsd  does not restart. It just stops when I try to restart it. Also self-heal commands says no heal required. I have to reboot the server for the file replication to start off.
You don't start glusterfsd. I assume you're trying "service glusterfsd
start". That won't work. glusterd has to start glusterfsd or glusterfsd
won't know what it's supposed to do.

To start the brick service if it's (for some reason) down, first check
the brick log and find out why it's down. Correct the problem or file
the bug report. Then, for the volume that the brick is missing from,
"gluster volume start $vol force" will start the missing brick.