[Gluster-users] Healing in glusterfs 3.3.1

Bobby Jacob bobby.jacob at alshaya.com
Tue Aug 27 06:34:34 UTC 2013

Hi, I have the same issue. Sometimes, the files are not getting replicated between the bricks.
Glusterd service and glusterfsd are running. When the files replication is not happening, these are the outcomes of the commands.

Service glusterfsd  does not restart. It just stops when I try to restart it. Also self-heal commands says no heal required. I have to reboot the server for the file replication to start off.

Root> ps -ef | grep glusterfsd (gives me the following services running)

root      1928     1  0 Aug12 ?        00:03:00 /usr/sbin/glusterfsd -s localhost --volfile-id gfscloud.KWTTESTGSNODE002.mnt-cloud_gfs -p /var/lib/glusterd/vols/gfscloud/run/KWTTESTGSNODE002-mnt-cloud_gfs.pid -S /tmp/216f54af381565662c717863ab3b6312.socket --brick-name /mnt/cloud_gfs -l /var/log/glusterfs/bricks/mnt-cloud_gfs.log --xlator-option *-posix.glusterd-uuid=684855a9-5208-4480-a52b-f2bc8caeb992 --brick-port 24011 --xlator-option gfscloud-server.listen-port=24011

Root> gluster volume status.

Status of volume: gfscloud
Gluster process                                         Port    Online  Pid
Brick KWTTESTGSNODE002:/mnt/cloud_gfs                   24011   Y       1928
Brick ZAJILTESTGSNODE001:/mnt/cloud_gfs                 24011   Y       1588
NFS Server on localhost                                 38467   Y       1934
Self-heal Daemon on localhost                           N/A     Y       1940
NFS Server on ZAJILTESTGSNODE001                        38467   Y       1611
Self-heal Daemon on ZAJILTESTGSNODE001                  N/A     Y       1620

Thanks & Regards,
Bobby Jacob