[Gluster-users] Slow writing on mounted glusterfs volume via Samba

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Aug 26 08:44:10 UTC 2013

On 08/24/2013 04:42 PM, Janantha Marasinghe wrote:
> Which will allow say for example user in network 1 talk to server in
> network 1 and that server gets syncd with server in network 2 ?

What is the latency between network 1 and network 2? Volume type replica
provides synchronous replication and latency has a significant impact on
the overall performance of writes/updates with synchronous replication.

geo-replication provides asynchronous replication and is currently
unidirectional (master - slave). If you can use asynchronous
replication, you can define two master volumes, one in network 1 and
other in network 2. You would also need to define two corresponding
slave volumes in network 1 and network 2. With this setup, your clients
would be writing to the local network and there should be a general
performance improvement.

Are you making use of the samba vfs plugin to access gluster volumes?

Regards,
Vijay