[Gluster-users] No active sinks for performing self-heal on file

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 12:42:32 UTC 2013

Rebooting the servers like this can cause split-brains.
Example:
there is a volume with two bricks brick-A on server-A, and brick-B on server-B.
Lets say server-A is brought down and while it is down file-1 is modified which needs to be healed to server-A from server-B as soon as it is up.
Now as soon as server-A is up lets say server-B is brought down before the healing on file-1 could complete. Now lets say file-1 is modified again.
Now when server-B comes backup, file-1 would be in split-brain.

So make sure the files are healed after a server is brought up then only reboot the other machine.

Pranith