[Gluster-users] GlusterFS performance

Washer, Bryan bwasher at netsuite.com
Wed Sep 26 22:56:07 UTC 2012

  If you are going to grow to that size...then you should make a larger test system.  I run a 6x2 Distributed Replicated setup and I maintain 400-575MB/s write speeds and 780-800MB/s read speeds.  I would share with you my settings but I have my system tuned for 100MB - 2 GB files.  To give you an idea....I roll roughly 4 TB of data every night writing new data in and deleting out old data.

  Many people try to take the minimum setup to test gluster when you don't really start seeing the benefits of gluster until you start to scale it both in number of clients as well as number of bricks.

Just thought I would share my experiences.

Bryan