[Gluster-users] using KVM on glusterfs

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Mon Sep 24 07:50:02 UTC 2012

1. is a deficiency of the libvirt test for safe filesystems. There is a
way to override that, but I'm not sure off the top of my head what that
was. You should be able to search the libvirt mailing lists for that
error and find it though. I know I read it there a little while ago.
2. Should work with any current kernels and the "direct-io-mode=yes"
mount option (using the fuse client).
3. That's correct. qemu-kvm sets o_direct for just about anything but
type=raw,cache=none. That's (imho) a qemu bug. Any app that doesn't fall
back if it can't do O_DIRECT should.

Anyway, I hope that all helps.