[Gluster-users] Recommended settings for geo-replication for folders with lots of files

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Mon Sep 24 05:41:43 UTC 2012

You don't mention geo-synchronization specifically but you mentioned
slave. The only time there is a slave is when you're using
geo-synchronization, otherwise you're making an all too common mistake
and writing to a brick. Bricks are back end storage for GlusterFS, not
user storage. Volumes need to be accessed via a client mount.