[Gluster-users] Downgrading OS while keeping files

Jon Tegner tegner at renget.se
Sun Sep 23 10:06:04 UTC 2012

Hi (again),

have four gluster (3.2.6) servers on which I want to downgrade the OS
(fr CentOS-6 to CentOS-5). Want to keep the file system (with
raid10/ext4 on the servers), and I contemplate the following method:

Keep all configuration files under /etc/glusterd and /etc/glusterfs from
the current installation, and after downgrading the OS (where I don't
touch the raids)  and installing gluster see to that these configuration
files are identical to how they were before.

Will this bring up file system as it was before the downgrade? Or am I
missing something here?

Thanks,

/jon