[Gluster-users] cannot create a new volume with a brick that used to be part of a deleted volume?

Doug Hunley doug.hunley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:56:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Joe Julian <joe at julianfamily.org> wrote:
> Because it's a vastly higher priority to preserve data. Just because I
> delete a volume doesn't mean I want the data deleted. In fact, more often
> than not, it's quite the opposite. The barrier to data loss is high, and it
> should remain high.

OK, again I'll ask: what is a typical scenario for me as a gluster
admin to delete a volume and want to add one (or more) of its former
bricks to another volume and keep that data in tact? I can't think of
a real world example. But I assume they exist as this is the model
taken by gluster..

--
Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley at gmail.com)
Twitter: @hunleyd                                               Web: