[Gluster-users] Has anyone used encrypted filesystems with Gluster?

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Thu Sep 13 21:30:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

This may be crazy, but has anyone used filesystem encryption (e.g. LUX)
under Gluster? Or integrated encryption with Gluster in some other way?

There's a certain demand to encrypt some of our storage, in case the
hypothetical bad guy breaks into the server room and walks out with the
servers. Is this a case where we can have encryption's advantages _or_
Gluster's? Or is there a practical way to have both?

Thanks,
Whit