[Gluster-users] GlusterFS failover with UCarp

Matthew Temple mht at mail.dfci.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 1 13:51:30 UTC 2012

We tried using this model with last year with VMWare, and found it to
fail.   We were using UCARP.   I found a number of places on the web
indicating that UCARP, Gluster, and NFS would work for VMWare storage, but
further discussion really convinced me that the people who proposed it as a
solution could only say that it /should/ work, not that it /would/ work.
The same article proliferated all over the net.
So I wonder if anyone has used it successfully.   With that said, CTDB
/looks/ like it should work for that, but does it?   Has anyone used it?

Matt Temple

------
Matt Temple
Director, Research Computing