[Gluster-users] Suggestions for Gluster 3.4

Fernando Frediani (Qube) fernando.frediani at qubenet.net
Thu Jun 7 21:40:12 UTC 2012

It was said in previous emails about suggestions on how to improve Gluster on the development of the next version, 3.4.
Well I guess we can all put up a list and see what will be more popular and useful to most people then send to the developers for consideration.

My list starts with:

RAID 1E type cluster (Numbers of nodes don't need to be multiple of the either 'replicate' or 'stripe' count. Can grow the cluster adding a single node.)
Server x Brick awareness ( Avoids replicate data on two bricks running on the same server. Very useful when having multiple logical drives under the same RAID controller for improved performance.).
Rack awareness (For very large clusters: Avoids replicate data on servers on the same rack)

Regards,

Fernando