[Gluster-users] Can't re-create deleted volume

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Fri Jun 8 15:46:19 UTC 2012

Hi,

I created a test volume, deleted it, and can not re-create it.

# gluster volume create nfstest replica 2 transport tcp nfstest1:/nfstest nfstest2:/nfstest
# gluster volume delete nfstest
# gluster volume create nfstest replica 2 transport tcp nfstest1:/export/nfs nfstest2:/export/nfs
/export/nfs or a prefix of it is alredy part of a volume

I looked at the attr and saw trusted.glusterfs.volume-id set, and cleared that on both servers with setattr -x (as I saw in an earlier email).

How do I create a volume on this system?

Gerald