[Gluster-users] Issue recreating volumes

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Jun 8 08:38:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 10:34:08AM +0530, Amar Tumballi wrote:
> If admin is aware of the case, and knows that there is no 'data'
> inside the brick, then easier option is to delete the export dir and
> it gets created by 'gluster volume create'. If you want to fix it
> without deleting the export directory, then it is also possible, by
> deleting the extended attributes on the brick like below.
>
> bash# setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.volume-id $brickdir
> bash# setfattr -x trusted.gfid $brickdir

Thank you. I had checked for extended attributes using

~# getfattr -d /disk/storage1/safe
~#

and found nothing, but it turns out I need to override the default -m
pattern:

~# getfattr -m- -d /disk/storage1/safe
getfattr: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
# file: disk/storage1/safe
trusted.gfid=0sAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQ==
trusted.glusterfs.volume-id=0sR6jzJg5ISnGc/vnvjVVdtw==

Regards,

Brian.