[Gluster-users] Striped replicated volumes in Gluster 3.3.0

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Tue Jun 5 22:21:50 UTC 2012

> I'm sorry if the release didn't address the specific features you need,
> and I'm sorry if we gave the impression that it would. Our additional
> features for 3.3 were always pretty clear, or so I thought. If you can
> find any statements from the past year that were misleading, I would be
> happy to address them directly, but your statement above was a bit vague.

John Mark,

Please consider my comments in the context of Amar's comment, which I quoted
above it:

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 11:09:39AM +0530, Amar Tumballi wrote:

> I saw that mail and I agree that the target of 3.3.0 was to make
> glusterfs more stable and get the features which would make Virtual
> machine hosting on GlusterFS a possibility by 3.4.0 time-frame.

Does that not seem to say that virtual machine hosting is not really to be a
possibility before the 3.4.0 time-frame? From subsequent responses,
including yours, Amar likely misspoke. Excuse me for responding to a message
that seemed to be saying that Gluster won't be fully ready for VM hosting
before 3.4.0.

Regards,
Whit