[Gluster-users] Need advice on how to export directories

Jeff White jaw171 at pitt.edu
Fri Jul 13 14:38:32 UTC 2012

You can only mount sub dirs via NFS:

[root at login1-dev ~]# mount -t glusterfs
storage0-dev.cssd.pitt.edu:/vol_home /mnt
[root at login1-dev ~]# echo $?
0
[root at login1-dev ~]# umount /mnt
[root at login1-dev ~]# mount -t glusterfs
storage0-dev.cssd.pitt.edu:/vol_home/cssd /mnt
Mount failed. Please check the log file for more details.
[root at login1-dev ~]# echo $?
1
[root at login1-dev ~]# mount -t nfs -o tcp,vers=3
storage0-dev.cssd.pitt.edu:/vol_home /mnt
[root at login1-dev ~]# echo $?
0
[root at login1-dev ~]# umount /mnt
[root at login1-dev ~]# mount -t nfs -o tcp,vers=3
storage0-dev.cssd.pitt.edu:/vol_home/cssd /mnt
[root at login1-dev ~]# echo $?
0
[root at login1-dev ~]# ls /mnt
adc57  jar7  jaw171  SecurityScanSvc

 From the server side I don't think there is a way to limit what client
can mount what subdir.  You control that at the volume level with the
nfs.rpc-auth-allow option (see 'volume set' in the docs) but not at the
subdir level.

Jeff White - GNU+Linux Systems Engineer
University of Pittsburgh - CSSD