[Gluster-users] avoiding split brains

Mario mgiammarco at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 18:18:28 UTC 2012

Jeff Darcy <jdarcy at ...> writes:

> Heh.  I knew there'd be a follow-up.  I seriously couldn't think of anything
> more useful to say before, and couldn't resist the opportunity to balance my
> usual verbosity with a dose of brevity, but I'll be glad to address further
> questions as best I can.

Hello,
I am interested in high availability and I need to know as many info you can
give me about your implementation in glusterfs.

For example: I need three copy of my data just to have a real quorum?
Or I need three bricks and only two copies of data?

Do I need a fencing device? (Pacemaker guys say that a stonith is mandatory)

Thank in advance for any info.

Mario