[Gluster-users] Auto-mount on boot failing, works later

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Tue Jan 17 18:31:50 UTC 2012

Anything you can do with fstab you can do with autofs, except of course that
it requires the system to be up first, while fstab can bring the basic
system up initially. Autofs mounts are more durable, in that they will be
recreated as necessary.

I'm not using the most current Gluster, so can't speak to any changes in
volfiles.

Your line:

  127.0.0.1:/shared /var/lib/sitedata nfs defaults,_netdev 0 0

would translate to autofs as something like:

  /var/lib/sitedata -fstype=nfs,mountproto=tcp 127.0.0.1:/shared

providing that was in "/etc/auto.nfs" and /etc/auto.master had something
like:

  /- /etc/auto.nfs

I'm taking that example from an older box which expects NFS3. IIRC on a more
recent OS you have to specify also to use NFS3 for Gluster rather than NFS4.

If mounting as gluster (unless some change in volfiles now negates this,
works for 3.1.4 anyhow):

  /var/lib/sitedata -fstype=glusterfs 127.0.0.1:/shared

There are other options, but that should be enough. Autofs is packages for
every Linux distro AFAIK.

Whit