[Gluster-users] Auto-mount on boot failing, works later

Tue Jan 17 19:46:09 UTC 2012

On Monday 16 January 2012 18:32:00 Marcus Bointon wrote:
> I'm running gluster 3.2.5 in a bog-standard 2-node AFR config on Ubuntu
> 10.04. I've set gluster to start on boot, and the fstab entry waits for
> networking to start, however, it still appears to try and mount the volume
> before gluster is running, resulting in a mount failure. Issuing a mount
> -a later on works fine.

This seems to be an distribution-related problem. Using glusterfs-3.2.5 on
Gentoo with your fstab-config works as expected... Seems to be that
glusterd/glusterfsd is started after netmount?

A solution could be "noauto"-option in fstab an add something like

  mount -a -O _netdev

to the post-up on interface in network/interfaces or local.start.

Marcel