[Gluster-users] gluster + firefox/sqlite

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Fri Jan 6 16:46:32 UTC 2012

On 01/06/2012 11:36 AM, Arnold Krille wrote:
>> I'm having some issues running firefox over gluster-mounted home folders.
>> Everything works OK until I have to restart the server-side gluster
>> services, or reboot the server.
>
> Do you use gluster to get replicated storage? Or just because it allows
> multiple clients over network? - In the later case I would recommend using nfs
> on server and client.
> Is the homedir mounted as glusterfs or via nfs?

I am using gluster in a minimal, non-replicated setup to replace nfsv4.
I could not make nfsv4 work with gnome shell and firefox in Fedora 15 -
it was trivial to freeze the nfs server and the client desktops.
Switching to gluster fixed these issues for me. Gory details here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.fedoraproject.org/msg40298.html

I use the native gluster mount, called from /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

mount -t glusterfs /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol /fileserver

> Why are you restarting the server?

Routine maintenance (upgrade from Fedora 15 to Fedora 16, for example,
or testing new gluster server rpms, or debugging systemd issues).

- Mike