[Gluster-users] gluster + firefox/sqlite

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Jan 6 16:36:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

lets get back to you with some questions:

On Friday 06 January 2012 17:11:25 Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> I'm having some issues running firefox over gluster-mounted home folders.
> Everything works OK until I have to restart the server-side gluster
> services, or reboot the server.

Do you use gluster to get replicated storage? Or just because it allows
multiple clients over network? - In the later case I would recommend using nfs
on server and client.
Is the homedir mounted as glusterfs or via nfs?

Why are you restarting the server?

With nfs, if the server is not responding, the clients access suspends and
blocks. I haven't yet tested myself what happens when glusterfs looses contact
to all bricks. But then again I am investigating in gluster because of the
replication across multiple machines to reduce the impact of a single machine
failure (which is working with "-t glusterfs").

Have fun,

Arnold