[Gluster-users] Hanging writes after upgrading "clients" to debian squeeze

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Sun Feb 5 20:25:11 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 07:36:55PM +0000, Brian Candler wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 08:02:08PM +0100, Stefan Becker wrote:
> >    After the debian upgrade I can
> >    still mount my volumes. Reading is fine as well but it hangs on writes.
>
> Could it be that on the post-upgrade machines one brick is reachable but not
> the other?  Compare iptables rules between the pre-upgrade and post-upgrade
> machines?  Compare tcpdump or ntop between them?

If you can, try dropping iptables out of the picture entirely. If you are
running it, and have it logging what it drops, the docs say "Ensure that TCP
ports 111, 24007,24008, 24009-(24009 + number of bricks across all volumes)
are open on all Gluster servers. If you will be using NFS, open additional
ports 38465 to 38467." So I'd check your logs to see if iptables is dropping
any traffic to/from the IPs in question on those ports.

Or us "netstat -tc" while doing some file operations, and you should see the
traffic on the IPs/ports. Another utility to see the same thing is "iptraf."

Whit