[Gluster-users] GlusterFS + Virtual Machine

Bryan Whitehead driver at megahappy.net
Mon Apr 9 20:52:04 UTC 2012

The VM's might lockup for 1-2min while they get copied over -
depending on how big the qcow2 files are. Typically our qcow2 files
are around 4Gig. Otherwise they are still useable (processes not doing
IO will continue to run fine).

>From the VM, there will be a kernel traceback/oops into logs that IO
timed out. Depending on how your applications handle that timeout
really depends on your use case.

As for performance I've posted some stats in the past. Check the archives.