[Gluster-users] Setting up a 2 sites replication with access to files from both sites

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Apr 6 18:41:26 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 04:24:54PM +0200, François Legal wrote:
>    Anyway, I gave a test drive on this, and seem to be having locking
>    issues (users on both side can modify the same file without anything
>    preventing this).
>
>    Can anybody comment on this.

That's just POSIX semantics. You could even have two users on the same
machine accessing the same file and modifying it concurrently. If you want
locks then (a) your application has to ask for them, and (b) other
applications must also respect them [unless you're talking about mandatory
locks, which are an unusual feature]