[Gluster-users] Gluster replicated setup usage for LAMP applications

Haris Zukanovic haris.zukanovic74 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 18:20:59 UTC 2012

Is there any pointers on how to successfully apply the gluster
replicated setup for sharing files without suffering from bad
performance for normal LAMP applications... On all servers I would have
a brick with data, in replicated setup.
LAMP normally does frequent reads and infrequent writes..

I am after a way to maximize the read performance on a gluster mount
while the writes can be even slow... it does not matter very much since
it is infrequent..

I have verified a working split between reads and writes thanx to great
help from Franciscis in thread "Separating reads and writes for
performance benefit" but some applications just cannot cope with split
reads and writes..

So, I am looking for a way to obtain a "normal-filesystem-like" read
performance while write can be much less efficient. It neither very
importain that the read copy is always verified the latest version existing.

thanx in advance for any pointers

Haris Zukanovic