[Gluster-users] tons and tons of clients, oh my!

Luis Cerezo lec at luiscerezo.org
Thu Oct 20 22:29:05 UTC 2011

Hello gluster-verse!

I'm about to see if GlusterFS can handle a large amount of clients, this was not at all in plans when we initially selected and setup our current configuration.

What sort of experience do you (the collective "you" as in y'all) have with a large  client to storage brick server ratio? (~1330:1) Where do you see things going awnry?

Most of this will be reads and locks on small files and dirs. our setup is 3xstorage node servers in a pure distribute config.

-luis
P.S. Yes I am a little nuts.

Luis E. Cerezo

http://www.luiscerezo.org