[Gluster-users] Permission denied after upgrade and rebalancing

Jochen Lillich jochen at freistil.it
Mon Oct 17 17:22:33 UTC 2011

Hi Amar,

Thanks for your prompt answer!

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Amar Tumballi <amar at gluster.com> wrote:

> Can you try running 'gluster volume rebalance <VOLNAME> fix-layout start'
> again?

# gluster volume rebalance glfs fix-layout start
starting rebalance on volume glfs has been successful
# gluster volume rebalance glfs fix-layout status
rebalance step 1: layout fix complete: fixed layout 73
# gluster volume info glfs

Volume Name: glfs
Type: Distribute
Number of Bricks: 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: backup01.topcluster.net:/vol1/glfs
Brick2: backup02.topcluster.net:/vol1/glfs
Brick3: backup03.topcluster.net:/vol1/glfs

On backup01, where I executed the fix-layout, I don't find any
suspicious log entries, only the "lookup-unhashed" option that
probably is necessary for this maintenance job.

> Also, are you using ACLs? can the accessing of directories/files work as
> 'root' user?

No, we don't use ACLs. I've been using the root user all the time, but
even then the usual "find ... stat" self-healing command triggers the
"permission denied" errors.

And it still does... :-(

Thanks again for your help!

Best regards,