[Gluster-users] Problems with running long jobs on a replicated volume.

Tiago Carmona carmona.tiago at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:11:36 UTC 2011

First of all, hi guys. My name is Tiago Carmona and I'm a DevOps to be at
Unicamp in Brazil. I started using glusterFS not a long time ago, but I'm
loving it. I also would like to say thanks for all the help I've got on IRC.

I'm having a problem with running long jobs on a replicated volume. When I
run a long job (like a chmod -R on my mount root), I got many "NFS stale
handler" errors, and after some time my mount point is down with a
"Transport endpoint is not connected" error, so I need to umount and mount
it again. I think that my error is similar to the one at
http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2011-April/007192.html , from
this list. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

I'm running glusterfs on two gentoo machines. Version info bellow:

glusterfs 3.2.3 built on Sep  4 2011 10:12:37
Repository revision: git://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Gluster Inc. <http://www.gluster.com>

Many thanks for all,
Tiago Carmona