[Gluster-users] Questions about GlusterFS
aleksandra.rudnitska at sprezentuj.pl
Sun Nov 27 15:49:30 UTC 2011
My name is Aleksandra and I am looking for storage solution for our
company. For the moment we are comparing different options of file systems.
In particular we consider to use GlusterFS but we need some additional
What kinds of support do you have? What are the terms of your service level
agreement for 1 year and more?
Also we would like to know some additional information about technical
features of GlusterFS:
1. What are size limit of your storage solution:
- maximum size of storage,
- maximum file size,
- maximum number of files
- maximum number of clients using files
2. How many chunks/storage servers can be used simultaneously?
3. What is the maximum number of metadata servers?
4. How can we monitor performance of GlusterFS?
5. Is GlusterFS S3 compatible?
6. Does GlusterFS have support for POSIX? (eg. rights, locks)
7. What about ACLs - do you support them ?
8. Do you have quota support?
9. Where can we find your roadmap?
10. If we lose data, is there the possibility to recover it and how fast
is it possible to do it?
11. Can you give us some numbers about the maximum level of replication
we can use with your storage?
12. Is GlusterFS geographically aware? (eg. if we have 2 data centers
can we assure replication between them ?)
13. Is there any Single Point of failure at GlusterFS?
14. Do you have deduplication ?
15. What is the maximum production instalation you provide support for
(capacity, number of machines/disks)
16. Can we use GlusterFS as a storage for VMware/Xen/KVM virtualmachines?
17. Can we use GlusterFS as an iSCSI?
18. Is it possible to use GlusterFS with Windows clients?
19. Do you have any performance comparison for other storage solution on
Sprezentuj.pl Spółka z o.o. ul. M. Gorkiego 6/8 lok. 11 92-525 Łódź
Sąd Rejonowy dla Łodzi-Śródmieścia w Łodzi, XX Wydział Gospodarczy KRS nr
0000297708 NIP 728-26-81-083 Kapitał zakładowy: 50 000,00 PLN wpłacony w
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-users